Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Story Of A Lil Princess @ Taiwan

I've got a bad feeling about the trip from the beginning but every time it creeps up, i quickly brush it off and told myself it would be alright. After the whole trip, I've learnt that the person that i consider is my friend is indeed not the person i expected her to be. And the guy i have been crushing on has moved on and is not as refined as i thought he would be. Tanti, u were right...I would see traits of him that will make me dislike him but i didn't expect to see him in this light. Not this way. It was painful to watch him chat on the phone for hours while we were all out and about. And i had to help him shop for her.


I felt so used, so just filling up the space, so out of place within the group. Clearly we're from different worlds and it's a lesson for me to learnt. I hope the next time i ever decide to join them in any activity, i will think of all the awful experience i went through in this trip. I hope i never have to experience this ever again. And I'm so disappointed how someone can be that shallow? Doesn't she have any dignity to decide for herself and how can someone of that age behave so kiddish? *sigh*.....


Aside with the horrible things that happened. I went for the biggest shopping spree ever in my entire life. I was literally walking by shops n grabbing things off the rack and just asking for a new piece and stuffing it into my bag. Then walk to the next shop and the same process repeats itself. This past 2 months has such an impact on my bank account...the trip, birthdays, shopping, food..... I'm going to have to be very prudent from now till end of the year but i still wanna get my camera!! How?!?! I wish there's some bonus or increment now :(


Back to the trip, I've never walked so much in my life. I am so not exaggerating. My legs hurt so bad that i was limping by the end of each day and when i got back home, my legs & feet swelled up. It looked like some preggers woman's feet.



Day One
We've touched down and was rudely surprised that our budget hotel looked so dingy looking and so not like the pics we saw.... It was very bad. Anyway we got ready to head into Dan Shui for food and shopping. We stopped by at Xin Bei Tou for hot spring and the hike up the hill to the hot spring area was tiring. I was ready to retire for the day. Anyway that was tiring enough we had to go to Dan Shui to fullfill some typical chinese thing about visiting Dan Shui - the lovers bridge. What a waste of my leg muscle and energy. Clearly it was getting very late and our legs hurt from all the walking but someone insisted on getting to that place. We could have a rode bikes but she was kicking a fuss about not knowing how to ride a bike... So what?? He offered to carry you didn't he? Argh ~! Such a drama-mama. Then just when i thought i can finally head back to Taipei city to our hotel, we spotted a bustling street across the road. They wanted to go walk the street... OMG. We went in and the street snacks were bursting and we stopped for someone but i didn't get to eat any because food depreived M was literally stuffing it down his throat. So not a classy look. *disgusted*


Day Two
We woke up around 8.30am to take the train down to Tai Chong. We were going to the Star Villa for a night. The room we got was absolutely beautiful. The Villa was gorgeous. I would definately go back there again... with better company of course. The rooms were named after each horoscope and it was managed by this old couple. The look so happy.... i wish i would grow old like them. We unloaded our stuff and walked out to look at the sheeps. Something she insisted. What is so cute about sheeps?? I had to climb up 487 stairs and up n down n up n down hills. Just to see some stupid smelly sheeps. Then we had the option to take the bus ride back to our villa, they kept asking if i want to wait for the bus when i clearly declared i wanted to take the bus as my feet hurts. How can they be so inconsidered? I am also part of the group and they should let me do the things i wanna do at times too right? In the end unhappily i walked with them back down n up n down n up the hill and down 487 steps. By the time we got back to the Villa i just plonk myself down in the patio and cam whore cos she was no where to be seen. Tucked in some corner romancing themselves or something. M was so busy talking to the mysterious person on the phone. *disgusted* Then after dinner, they wanted to go to the Swiss Garden which i decided to pass. Smarties me.


Day Three
We made our way down hill and back to the train station. Wasn't feeling very well cos she was snoring and hogging the blanket the whole night. Then not to mention so full from breakfast, we had a taxi driver from hell. Driving so fast that made me feel so sick. By the time we got back to Taiper City, I was all good. On this day we went to the CKS Memorial Centre... suppose to be the landmark/icon of Taiwan. I just waited up front while they walked in to snap away their pictures. Then we went to the Long Shan Temple. I've asked the Gods if i would be with someone by the end of 2009 .... NO. Is M the one for me .... YES.
Well it's just an indication.... Not going to live my life by it. Then we get back to Xi Men Ding to eat and shop.


Day Four
Almost the last day. We have to spend all our money today. It's now or never. We woke up early and headed to Jiu Fen for the morning. Walked around and snacked a lot... but obviously, i can never keep up with them. It's like they have a bottomless stomach. After that we took the bus back down to the city and walked a long bit to Taipei 101 for more pics. I lingered for a while while they take their pics and headed into the mall first. Then we walked around looking for the Le Sport Sac shop but i guess it closed down already. We were going to take a cab to Wu Fen Pu but she wanted to stop for food at 7-11. Again can't keep up with their tummies. Can so see them eating down my share. Finally made our way to the shopping street and that's when all the madness came. I kept buying and buying and buying and ended up with sore feet at the end of the night. Well it was after this that really drew the last straw. I'm so disappointed she reacted the way she did and so selfish of her.
Finally got back to the hotel and starting my catalogueing and packing. Finally went to bed at 3.15am... woke up at 3.45am to leave to the airport.


Day Five
Arrived at the airport and i was so in a zombie mode. Had to sit on flight all alone :( Tough luck and unlucky friends i have.


I am still recovering from the trip. Very tired and body still aching all over. Slowly distributing the gifts to friends and family.

Khalil Fong - Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

day 3--> who is M?? i try to recall back from the stories u told me.. but can't remember who is M..

-tanti-

October 10, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home